Part 2, Why Digital Marketing Makes A Difference!
Make it Count Monday‼️ The team at DMC is here to assist in all of your marketing needs. We also know that helping your business grow is all about having the right team, tools, and knowledge. DMC Marketing Group ran across this great article from Lyfe Marketing with information that we educate our clients with everyday and today we wanted to share Part 2 with you. Here’s a quick glimpse into the first steps that will ensure your business growth goal.
6. Your customers are on social media, and digital marketing helps you reach them.
Perhaps the most important on our list of benefits of digital marketing is this. In using the traditional techniques in marketing, you will definitely experience a limit in scope and size. Print ads are limited to a certain location, market, and time. And if you wish to broaden its scope, then prepare your budget for it. But in digital marketing, your reach will be farther but more targeted. The only limitation is your creativity and strategy.
No matter what industry your business is in, there’s a good chance that your buyers are spending their time on social media channels. According to eMarketer, 2.34 billion people, or about one-third of the earth’s population, uses social media platforms regularly. Check out this graph from Statista.
Digital marketing helps you reach these engaged consumers. Not only are you able to publish and promote unique content on these social sites, but you’re also able to reach consumers through advertising. Social media platforms like Facebook offer sophisticated targeting option. This helps you reach the consumers who are most likely to be interested in your products or services. What’s more, is that social media also provides an effective platform for communicating with and engaging your target audience. Rather than just posting content and never hearing from your consumers……you can have one-on-one conversations in real-time that allow you to gain valuable insight into your brand. That’s something that traditional marketing tactics just don’t allow for.
7. SEO and local SEO help you reach more qualified buyers online. SEO is another powerful digital marketing tactic that offers a variety of benefits. By optimizing your site content for the search engines, you can work to reach more buyers online. Using relevant keywords that help describe your product or service offering can help you bring more targeted traffic to your site, this increases conversions over time. SEO isn’t just for national businesses. Many consumers are searching for local companies online, and these searches eventually lead to a purchase. In fact, according to Google, 28% of searches for something nearby result in a purchase. Local SEO can also be a valuable digital marketing tactic for businesses that operate in specific geographic locations such as:
other service-based businesses
8. Digital marketing helps you connect with mobile customers. Yet another one of the many benefits of digital marketing is that it allows you to connect with consumers. The people who are browsing and consuming content on their mobile devices. Over half of all online users are accessing the web from a mobile device. Digital marketing can help you reach people on mobile devices, tablets, and desktop computers.
9. You can easily and quickly adapt your strategy and tactics for best results. With traditional marketing tactics like television or newspaper ads, you have to wait until after the campaign is complete to see the results. Although you can use what you learn to adjust later campaign tactics…there isn’t much you can do “in-the-moment” to adapt your strategies for the best results. Traditional marketing tactics may require you to wait weeks or even months to determine which strategies are working. While digital marketing allows you to view the real-time results of your campaigns and adapt your tactics to improve results as you go.
With website analytics, you can view:
the number of visitors that come to your site,
look at which pages they visit, and
see how long they are spending on each page
You can also see when peak site traffic days and times are as well as track conversion rates across the site. All this information offers important insights that can help you improve your campaigns over time. For instance, let’s say that you have written a series of blog posts as part of your content marketing strategy. You want to determine if you should continue to write blogs in this series or focus on other topics. You can quickly and easily look at the blog analytics to see how many people are reading the blog content. And, how many people are taking the desired action or converting. Tracking success on this content marketing campaign in real-time allows you to determine what is the best use of your resource, and get the most out of your campaign tactics.
10. Digital marketing levels the playing field, allowing your business to be more competitive It’s often difficult for small businesses to compete with their larger counterparts due to a limited budget and resources. However, digital marketing helps to level the playing field by allowing smaller brands to remain competitive online. Traditional marketing tactics like print advertising are expensive and require big business budgets for effective placement. However, digital marketing tactics are more affordable, allowing businesses of all sizes to gain exposure online. With digital marketing, small businesses can also market their products and services nationally or even internationally. If your business is not limited to a specific location, you can use digital marketing to reach your target audience across the globe. This allows small businesses to find new audiences for their products and services. Digital marketing also levels the playing field when it comes to presentation. Smaller retailers may not be able to afford the same expensive fixtures, graphics, and other presentation materials for their store. It is easy to create a clean, attractive website that enhances the customer experience.